The starting-fee insurance which was introduced by the Mountain Attack Partner Nürnberger for the first time in 2017 and used by many will be available again. At the registration already you can select/check whether you want to take out the insurance or not. For only € 5,– (which have to be transferred together with the starting-fee) you will be reimbursed the starting-fee in case of illness or injury upon presentation of a medical certificate with a deductible of € 5,– directly from the Nürnberger insurance. Send medical certificate to:
2.) SUPPLY STATION
Teekanne- and Interspar refreshment stations along the track ensure the participants are supplied with tee, fruits & chocolate. The positioning of the refreshment stations can be found in the track profile..
3.) ATHLETES LOUNGE
Admission: one time € 15,– Pasta party with salad buffet, drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic), fruit and coffee. Open exclusively for participants on the race day from 11.30 am to 2.30 pm and 5 pm to 10 pm in the multi-purpose hall (elementary school) in Saalbach.
For re-entry during the opening hours the wristband must be worn visibly. On failing to show the wristband admission must be paid again.
Every year the VitaClub masseurs are well appreciated in the participant lounge. More than 200 participants have taken the opportunity to relax their tired legs immediately after the race. This particular type of regeneration will be offered again to the athletes free of charge in 2018. (No reservation possible!)
5.) WINNER’S-ATTACK & ATTACK CLUBBING
At 10.30 pm the award ceremony will take place at the event stage at Saalbacher village square.
Afterwards, the Attack Family will meet in the exclusively rented „Castello“ of the Saalbacher Hof with free admission to the 12th Attack Clubbing! If you still have energy after the strenuous race, you can celebrate with live music until the morning hours and drink to the Attack with your colleagues Edelweiss white beer from the tap, Red Bull and Stroh Rum (B52).
6.) PARTY-ATTACK, LED-WALL & LIVE STREAM
From 3 pm onwards it‘s really heating up. On the village square of Saalbach the Attack DJ Jörg will be playing and the presenters Marina and Oliver will prepare participants and fans for the start of the race and then lead through the program. Clips from the past races, route profiles and first information about the route, interviews with participants, sponsors, partners and celebrities will shorten the time until the start, at 4 pm sharp. Immediately after the start signal, the spectacular pictures - transmitted by the Mediahaus broadcast van team - will be shown on the LED wall at village square and the first live pictures from the Schattberg will be broadcasted from 16.35 pm.
Of course, also in 2018 the popular live stream with our experts from the Attack Studio in Saalbach can be watched from 3.40 pm to 7.30 pm (until then all top ten in each category would have reached the finish line) exclusively on the Mountain Attack website by all touring ski fans who did not make it to Saalbach.
At 7.45 pm the athletes will be accompanied by a live band at the finish line. Then the entire village square becomes a party zone. With cover hits and songs from the current charts everyone is invited to party and give the participants a worthy welcome.
Over 300 attractive prizes await the lucky winners. Raffle ticket EUR 2,–. Raffle Tickets can be bought from 4.30 pm and prizes can be picked up until 8 pm directly at the Attack-tent on village square (starting area of the Schattberg Race).
Unmittelbar nach der Siegerehrung werden die inoffiziellen Ergebnisse auf der Homepage präsentiert - www.moutain-attack.at
12. January 2018
Saalbach - Hinterglemm
1.) Ratings: Marathon: Men and Women. Tour: Men and Women. Marathon and Tour: Men +45 (qualifying date 12.01.1973). Schattberg Race: Men and Women. Individual competition.
2.) Equipment: only material used for alpine ski touring can be used – skis must have steel edges and touring bindings, boots must have vibram soles, sealskins, crampons are allowed, headlights are compulsory. Skis & boots must be carried in the customary tradition of mountaineering skiing! Emergency blanket and HELMET REQUIRED! Anorak & backpack strongly recommended!!! Equipment controls can take place at start, during and after the race.
3.) Skin change is only allowed to be done unaided in the designated change zones. To receive closed skins from other persons is allowed. Skis can be replaced only in case of breakages during the competition. Only official racing service people are allowed to help. The supply of own food and drink is allowed.
4.) Accompanying persons are not allowed to take food from the refreshment stations. Participants, accompanying persons and spectators are not permitted to litter any areas.
5.) The start area is divided into 3 start zones. Zone 1: Marathon: First 30 from last year, Zone 2: Marathon & Tour, Zone 3: Schattberg Race. Allocation in the Zones is based on starting numbers and is mandatory for all participants. Non-compliance with the start zones leads to immediate disqualification.
6.) The numbers have to be worn visibly during the race on the chest, if number is not worn visible, athlets will be disqualified. At the finish or at any other stop during the race the numbers must be brought to the next checkpoint. The return of the starting number is required for race classification. Failure to give back number costs € 40,–.
7.) From the start, in the centre of Saalbach, the athletes have to walk to the basic area carrying their skis. The whole race takes place on prepared, marked and sign-posted slopes. Spots, snow-cats, torch-lights and signal lights will help to illuminate the way, in addition to the head lamps.
8.) Registration at the control points is carried out with a time mat. In the case of a break, the chip and the start number must be given at one of the control points or the target. This is for your own safety and prevents any possible use of the mountain rescue at the expense of the participant (from any point of the route can be driven into the valley).
9.) To finish the race and to be classified the following maximum time limits have to be fulfilled: maximum intermediate time Hinterglemm: marathon 06.30 pm, tour 07.00 pm / maximum intermediate time Hochalm: marathon 08.10 pm maximum arrival time Saalbach: marathon and tour 10.30 pm. If time limits cannot be reached the starting number and the chip will be confiscated at the checkpoints and athletes will be disqualified.
10.) Disqualification will also apply if participants:
a) fail to give back starting number and the Chip at any stop or at the finish
b) use wrong material
c) receive external help
d) unfairly behave or ignore safety standards
e) demonstrate unsportsmanlike behaviour
f) miss intermediate time at the check-points
g) hindered visibility of the worn start number at check-points and upon reaching the finish line
11.) Complaints must be submitted to the race jury within one hour after crossing the finishing line together with a deposit of € 100,–. If the complaint is accepted as valid, the race jury will return the deposit.
12.) Changing over from the Tour distance to the Marathon is possible at any time during the race. The switch from the Marathon to the Tour is also possible, however, there will be extra 10 minutes added to the final time.
1.) All participants over the age of 19 are allowed to take part. Younger participants need a written agreement signed by their parents (must be shown at initial-registration). Participants over 65 need a medical certificate.
2) Application may only be made online under www.mountain-attack.at. This will open on 16 October and is available for a maximum number of participants (Marathon & Tour – 700, Schattberg Race – 200). To obtain a fixed starting place, payment must be made no later than 30.10.2017 to the specified account mentioned below. If the entry fee is not paid on time, the starting place will be lost. There is no telephone information on the registration form. On 10.11.2017 a preliminary entry list for viewing will be published on the homepage. More starting places may become available as a result of injuries and withdrawals, and will be available from 11 to 15.12.2017 online (payment of registration fee no later than 19.12.2017). Possible remaining places arising due to cancellations or illness will be published on 09.01.2018 online registration and payment of entry fees to be made solely on race day from 9.00 till 12.00 o’clock in Saalbach.
3) The entry fee for the marathon and tour is € 58,–. The entry fee for Schattberg Race is € 48,–. Included in the entry fee is starter kit, supplies and refreshments, shower facilities and insurance (24-houres Bergschutz).
4) The entry fee for the Marathon is to be made to:
Raiffeisenbank Hallein, IBAN AT54 3502 2000 0003 8224, Password: MA-Marathon.
The entry fee for the Tour is is to be made to:
Raiffeisenbank Hallein, IBAN AT27 3502 2000 0009 9820, Password: MA-Tour.
The entry fee for Schattberg Race is to be made to:
Raiffeisenbank Hallein, IBAN AT26 3502 2000 0009 5182, Password: Schattberg Race.
The deposit slip must be presented when picking up your race number.
5) Participation is registered after signing and completing the registration form and after payment of the racing fee into the above mentioned bank account.
6) In case of sickness (or injury) the starting fee can only be reclaimed with a valid starting-fee insurance (see information) at our insurance partner Nürnberger upon presentation of a medical certificate (a deductible of € 5,– applies)
7) Warning: Last starting number will be issued on race day, without exception, at 14.00 clock!!!
8) The registration at the checkpoints will be done by special timing point mat which are given to all participants at initial-registration. If a participant stops the race early for any reason, the starting number and the chip must be given in for safety reasons at one of the checkpoints: otherwise the mountain rescue will start looking for you at your own cost (athletes can ski down to the valley from any point on the route).
9) The organizer has the right to change, shorten the route or time limit, due to bad weather or other unforeseen circumstances. Cancellation, discontinuation, or postponement of the race by the organizer is possible. The entry fee and any other charges will be refunded in whole or in part in all cases.
10) Sales and disclosure of grid positions to third parties are not allowed. Misuse results in disqualification and a blocking for both parties at the following two events.
11) Changes to the result list can be carried out exclusively by Wednesday after the race.
At the end of the winter season, we could see some confusion on social media about differences in prize money in international and national competitive sporting events (almost all sports) between women and men and also found a reference to the Mountain Attack. Therefore, we would like to inform you.
The Mountain Attack is a privately organised race (NMC GmbH) which receives no funding in the classical sense from state authorities. The Mountain Attack is not an association and therefore completely free of national or international association structures and regulations.
We know that all participants in the Mountain Attack reach their personal performance limits and this requires extensive and intensive preparation. Whether young or old, man or woman, participants of the Schattberg Race, Tour or Marathon, the training is extensive and time-intensive for everyone.
The Mountain Attack is one of the hardest, most famous and popular ski touring races in the world, a cult show within the community with many benefits for participants, fans on site and viewers via live stream. For all these services we can provide an event-budget thanks to the sponsors, partners and participants (limited number). This allows us to also pay EUR 7,000 as prize money. For all non-Austrian winners of the prize money we also have to pay the mandatory value-added tax to the state.
We had the following 3 ideas considering the split of the prize money:
Same starting fee, same track, same training, same performance - therefore the 3 fastest in each category (Marathon & Tour) get the prize money. This would result in no woman being able to win any prize money, the prize money for the men would even be more.
Winning time Ladies Marathon was 3:03:09 that would mean rank number 39 in the men's ranking.
Winning time Ladies Tour was 2:19:12 and would mean rank number 66 in the men's ranking.
Strict division of the prize money according to participants men vs. women (marathon & tour) in percentage:
Example 2017: (maximum number of participants 900, sick or cancelled: 36)
This means only 10% of all participants were women.
This would also mean that only 10% of the prize money, EUR 700,-, would have to be distributed between the 6 award winners.
We keep the division of the price money in the following relation:
Men overall EUR 4,680
Women overall EUR 2,320
The decision of the OK team
When choosing option I or II the difference between women and men would even get bigger or for option I the part for the women would be lost completely. This is why we chose to stick to option III.
MOUNTAIN ATTACK is a event from
0043 (0) 662-635 653-0
© Copyright 2017 Mountain Attack - All Rights Reserved.